Eesti Kaupmeeste Liit (The Estonian Retailers’ Association) is a non-profit trade association. The Retailers’ Association was established in April 1996 to bring together companies in the commerce industry. The association has 58 members – mainly large retail and wholesale enterprises, shopping malls and various tech companies that provide solutions for commerce.
The main tasks of the association are representing the common interests of the members and retail sector vis-a-vis government institutions and other interest groups, promoting fair trade practices, acting as the voice of the Industry, and co-ordinating co-operation projects within the commerce sector.
Our main activities are:
- participating in the legislative processes in Estonia, in what concerns the retail sector;
- promoting ethical trade and best practises in the sector;
- organising training courses for members;
- co-ordinating and developing various campaigns
- aggregating data about the sector, providing relevant statistics, legal information and other relevant consultation to members
The Association’s general meetings for all members are held twice a year. The members of the Board are elected at General meetings for a term of 2 years. The Board meets every month.
The activities of the association are guided by the values agreed upon in our Charter.
Chairman of the Board